What to expect:
- A warm friendly welcome
- Clear instructions that are easy to follow for all levels of experience
- Small group of people and tailored sessions to those attending
- Lots of variations and options given so it doesn’t matter how flexible, strong or fit you are when you begin
- Movements that improve your strength, flexibility and overall fitness
- Breathing exercises that reduce stress and anxiety to create a feeling of calmness
- Guided relaxations and meditations
What to bring:
- If you have your own yoga mat then great please bring it
- If you don’t have a mat I can loan you one for your first class, after that I advise buying one
- A bottle of water
- Wear comfortable clothing than you can move freely in
The Yoga Flow class is a type of vinyasa yoga. During this class we will take time to explore every posture / asana.
The posture sequences, or flows, will be diversified every week. The sequences are practised alongside instrumental music and are both challenging and calming.
Throughout the flow, deep breathing is promoted and modifications will be offered, allowing participants to explore their abilities and limitations. We will take the time to move mindfully and find your correct alignment, supporting a better understanding of your body and how it responds to each yoga posture, as well as relaxing the mind.
Finally, we will end the session with either a guided meditation or a relaxation.
This class is suitable for total beginners, but also ideal for more experienced participants who would like to slow down their mind while maintaining a regular yoga practice.
Pilates is also a type of mind-body exercise, that is deferent from yoga. During this class we will use a varied range of exercises and strengthen the whole body, using repetitions. We will focus on strength, stability, posture, breath control. Each class will work to balance all muscle group’s strength, flexibility as well as increasing your over all mobility, with a strong emphasis on challenging the core muscles.
There isn’t a set sequence, so the content of every class will vary according the the interests and needs of of the participants. This Pilates session is ideal for those who wish to strengthen specific areas, while improving their postures, and working out safely and wisely and see real changes!
To enhance the benefits of the practice, every sessions will end with a calming and grounding relaxation or meditation.
This class is suitable for complete beginners and intermediate practitioners. Modifications will be offered to tailor the class the varied abilities.
Live Virtual Class.
I am offering the experience of Pilates classes online. The classes are held on Facebook ( private room); all you need to do is have a facebook account, free of charge. The classes will be structured in the same way as a ‘real life’ class, but with the added benefits:
- Lower cost,
- Less travel time,
- Instead of trying to do it yourself at home, have professional guidance to make sure exercises are done safely and improve your technical skills,
- Improves discipline, motivation and accountability,
- Connect with others, and yourself,
- Gives a place and an opportunity to be more mindful and focussed,
- See great results; a happier, calmer and fitter self!
This class is specially designed to meet the physical needs of people aged 50 years and over and for those who wishes a moderate workout. This class aims to promote independence and vitality in your everyday life.
The main focus of the class is to support participants in maintaining their over all physical health; especially spinal alignment, strength, flexibility and pain management.
The class includes strengthening and flexibility exercises, as well as practising deep breathing. In addition, we will perform light exercises to further improve your range of motion, allowing you to move more freely.
Finally, we will end the session with either a guided meditation or a relaxation. Gentle Pilates is a low impact form of exercise and is suitable for total beginners.
*I’m currently offering both chair and mat gentle Pilates. Both classes are multi-levelled and adapted to the participant’s specific needs.